Monday, November 3, 2014

Health Insurance

Today was a day full of emails asking about health insurance so I thought I would share it here on my blog too.  The enrollment period begins on 11/15.  After that you can apply, you cannot apply for health ins now unless you have a special event.  You can see that list of special events at www.coveredca.com.  If you are happy with your plan you don't have to do anything.  You will be automatically renewed on 12/31 for a  1/1 start date for the new year.  I also wanted to share with you a free Rx card I give to clients.  www.californiarxcard.com  Sometimes its cheaper than using your insurance card.  I also want to advise you to shop for your prescriptions.  Pharmacies are allowed to charge different prices for the same drug so be aware! Shop around.  Also please make sure you have some sort of supplemental insurance esp if you have a history of cancer in your family. Your regular health insurance does NOT cover cancer, it only covers a very small percentage of the costs.  Have a great week and live life to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment