Tuesday, March 12, 2013

My journey so far....

This year is the 21st year for me in the Financial Services industry. I cannot believe its been that long.  I dont feel like I am old enough to have been in this business that long. I started at John Hancock as an intern while I was a college student at SDSU.  After graduating and becoming a Registered Rep I was the only female agent in the office at that time, boy has this industry come a long way.  Now I am a Financial Rep with Five Rings Financial and over 50% of our Reps are females, its awesome!  I love working with Five Rings because of the free events we host ea mo.  They are so fun and we get to meet a lof of amazing people.

I was born Laurie A DeMello in West Covina CA.  I just found out this info about me in the last 10 years, its mind boggling.  Apparently my birth father is a CPA somewhere in So Cal. I would love to meet him since he's a die hard hockey fan and so am I.  His last name is Graham.  My birth mother has a huge family and they are in HI somewhere, I was married in HI 10 years ago. It has always had a special place in my heart.  I have always felt like I belonged there.  Ever since I was child, a few times my Japanese mother and I were in public, I would be asked if I was from HI.  My response was always, "No, but I wish I was", well here you go, my wish has come true.  Growing up near Malibu and Zuma beaches in So Cal, I was always wearing surfer clothes.  I am now on a new mission to find those family members out there, it has been an interesting ride and I look forward to the future.  My birth mother's family is part Portuguese, from the Island of Macau.  That explains too why my whole life people have thought I have had some sort of Latina background.

No comments:

Post a Comment